Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wish list

Every year around this time, as the temperature drops and the days get shorter, the inner Fall Shopping Demon wakes up from hibernation and begins wrecking havoc on my bank account.

(*Note: this is not to be confused with the Summer Shopping Demon, who wakes up around April and buys multiple bikinis and pairs of shorts from Gap Outlet)

The Fall Shopping Demon craves scarves.  She craves moccasins and argyle socks and cozy fleece pullovers.  She might actually be an 85-year-old man, but she is content with that as long as she is comfortable and a la mode.

I've gotten better with my "autumn bliss" spending.  I set up a handy ING DIRECT savings account specifically for this purpose and cleverly called it Meagan's Fun Savings. And except for an emergency dip-in for new running shoes (totally necessary for half marathon training, I promise), I haven't touched it.

So, here are just a few things I am currently longing for, and hopefully can be patient enough to save for in the meantime.

Minnetonka El Paso Moccasins

Source







Ok, so I lied. I went ahead and bought these yesterday. And used funds not from my specifically-allocated-for-fun savings account.  But they are adorable and necessary (says the Fall Shopping Demon) and I am now just wishing they are shipped sooner and praying that they fit.
  
Clarks Faraway Field Oxford

Source







See? I told you I'm secretly an old man. I first saw these in the Clarks store in the mall, and I knew I had to have them.....once I saved up $90 for them.  Eeek! Fear not, though- by next paycheck, these babies will be mine.

Lands' End Essential Down Parka in Velvet Orange

Source















The name says it all.  ESSENTIAL. Now, some people might point out that I already have a long green down coat from Lands' End that has kept me warm and happy for three previous winters.  However, it needs a break.It has worked hard, traveled to many cold and rainy countries, and is ready for just the occasional snow storm from here on out. Enter new, short, orange coat (with a hood! Bonus!).  I just need a cute white turtleneck like the model has.  (Kidding....sort of...)

Style&Co Kasee Boots from Macy's 

Source

Do you notice a shoe trend going on? Fall and boots go hand-in-hand, so these cute suede ones from Macy's caught my eye immediately. I love buying shoes, but I don't like spending a lot of money on them.  Living and working in downtown Philadelphia means boots will go through a lot of wear and tear, so while I look for comfort and style, I also breathe a sigh of relief when the price comes in under $100, with or without a coupon.  I also really dig the booties, too.  Decisions, decisions!

Cross-the-body handbag

Source











One of my main quests in life is finding a handbag.  Mind you, I have handbags, in many different styles and colors, but I am always on the hunt for a new one.  So, I suppose I should say this: one of my main quests in life is finding my NEXT handbag.  I am currently using one that is very similar to the picture to the left; its a Tyler Rodan brand from Macy's like the pic, but mine is a hunter greenish grayish color and has different pockets.

In the fall and winter, as I put away my tank tops and start wearing coats again, I like "cross-body" handbags. I hate when the handles fall off my shoulder, and I like the freedom of movement the cross-body styles provide.

Question: What is your favorite season? Do you have any particular fall traditions you like to partake in once the weather turns cooler?  

Beyond wishing for old man cozy shoes and coats, I also become very excited about hot drinks and scary movies. Set me up with some hot chocolate and "Blair Witch Project," and I'm a happy girl.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be a saboteur, but Swirl has Orla Keily bags less than half off & there are a few cross-bodies. I will send you the link!

    ReplyDelete