Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wicked awesome!

Today is my Friday- whoo hoo! I love short weeks.

Rhett and I are driving to Boston this evening to visit our good friends, Jackie and John. They used to live about 4 blocks away from us in Philly, so we miss seeing them on a regular basis. Luckily, Boston is only about a 5 1/2 hour drive from Philly, so I predict lots of visits back and forth in the future.

Neither Rhett nor I have been to Boston before, so we're excited to explore a new city and cross off a state on our list. (I've visited 30 states so far- hope to get to all 50 someday!)

One of the highlights of the weekend will be visiting Salem, MA and going on a ghost tour at night. Good thing I watched "The Crucible" on TV a few weeks ago- I'll be making sure the tour guides know their stuff.

Witch hysteria!
 Of course, the most thrilling part of the weekend for me will be hearing the Boston accents.  I plan to do what I usually do when I hear an accent I love- eavesdrop, giggle, and then do horrible imitations the rest of the day, driving Rhett insane.  With Boston accents, this also happens when I watch "Good Will Hunting" or "The Departed."  (Read: The De-pah-did)

Imitation is form of flattery.  You're welcome, Matt Damon.


Hope everyone has a great weekend- Monday I'll have a recap of Boston and Salem!

Questions: Any fun plans for the weekend? What is your favorite accent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment