Friday, October 7, 2011

Looking back: OU/TX version

It's that time of year again!

OU vs. TX!

Today I found myself looking back to previous OU/TX weekends and remembering where I was.

College years are easy to remember; I was always in Dallas for the game, staying at a hotel with friends in the West End. I was in Washington D.C. during the 2007 OU/TX game, at a Six Flags in New Jersey with my two girlfriends in 2008, and in our flat in Kingston Upon Thames in 2009.

I didn't watch the game throughout these years, but somehow I did manage to catch last year's game in 2010...in Prague, Czech Republic.  The game fell perfectly when Rhett and I were staying in a Hilton that actually had ESPN, so we were able to watch the game around midnight.

Boomer Sooner!

Luckily, Rhett and I had 2 days of exploring Prague under our belts, as well as a week of visiting Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, and Berlin.  We had a week in Barcelona ahead of us.  To relax and watch a familiar game that we knew our families were watching back home was a source of comfort (especially when drinking delicious Czech beers while doing so!)

Here are a few more pictures from our 2-day stay in Prague, to prove we did more than watch dumb football while traveling through Europe. :)



Marionettes




No comments:

Post a Comment