Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apple Fest

This past Saturday, I went to Fox Chase Farm for their annual Apple Fest with Rhett and Jenna.  This is Rhett and my 3rd time to attend the festival, and we look forward to it every time.


It's so nice to get out of the city for the afternoon, and see the gorgeous fall colors around the farm.




But of course, the best part of going is sampling the apple products at the festival.  Apple butter= amazing. Jenna and I each bought four apples to make apple crisp. Mine were Empire apples, and they were perfect in it. I think my mom officially has competition in the apple crisp department!




and of course, the animals to pet.


I'm laughing because I pretty much ran over small kids to get my turn to pet the pig. Jeez, move already!


They also have a corn maze to walk through and steal take corn from...




...and add to my fall decor around my apartment!


All in all, it was a perfect way to spend a Saturday in Philadelphia.









I can't wait for the farm's early spring event in March, Maple Sugar Day!

Learn the process of maple sugaring, watch the making of maple candy, and sample pancakes with pure maple syrup. Maple products will also be for sale. (source)

Say no more.  You had me at maple sugaring. 

P.S. I got my moccasins in that were on my wish list!  I wore them around Apple Fest, and I think they were a huge hit...well, a huge hit to me.  And maybe Jenna. 


They fit! And they're comfy! And colorful! Hurrah.
Question: Have you done any fun fall-themed things yet? October is almost half over, get on it! 

Rhett and I finally bought a pumpkin from Trader Joes- only $3.99!  At Reading Terminal Market, they were selling for $15 a pop. Jeez!  We also have watched the following scary movies: "Nightmare on Elm Street," "The Blair Witch Project," and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre." 

No comments:

Post a Comment