Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shopped till we dropped

As I've told you, I'm not much of a shopper. My mom has taught me all the secrets to smart shopping, which I use enthusiastically, but I still lack the overall dedication and endurance.  My sister inherited that gene from Mom.

This year, I decided to join my sister and mom and brave the stores on Black Friday. We didn't go too crazy- no waiting in line at midnight for us. But we were out the door by 7:15 a.m. on Friday and hit several stores over the next few hours. 

(Keep in mind I have a hard time dragging my butt out of bed at 8:00 a.m. during the work week. I woke up at 6:15 a.m. on a day off. That's dedication.)

I'm happy to report we got LOTS of amazing deals throughout the morning, and really didn't have to deal with too much craziness or long lines.

We went to:

- Bath & Body Works- When we pulled up, the parking lot was empty, and we could see about five B&BW employees waiting for us to walk in.  My sister and I were cracking up- I really expected them to burst into song.  Instead they all just squealed "Welcome!!! Are you here for the VIP bags????"  Got lots of candles, lotions and bubble bath...enough to last me another year, at least.

- Kohl's- My sister saved $503 with her coupons and the sales.  If that is not impressive, I don't know what is.

- The mall: The Body Shop, Gap, Dillards, Macys, Hallmark, Disney Store. Whew!!!  I think we spent about an hour in The Body Shop alone. We left the mall with tons of great stuff, all bought on sale or with coupons.

Today my parents and I went to an outlet mall between Denver and Colorado Springs.  We spent about three hours there, and I got some new work clothes from The Loft.  Can't wait to wear them for my new job. :)

Question: Did you go shopping on Black Friday? Did you score any good deals? What time did you hit the stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment