Friday, March 16, 2012

Lessons learned (or re-learned) while Bubba-sitting

1. Always take more than one plastic bags with you on walks for unexpected second...surprises.

2. Dog-sit or baby-sit for people who have their own washers and dryers. So convenient compared to our $3.75 per load basement set-up we currently have.

3. Getting a dog insane with puppy crazies at 7:00 a.m. is always good idea.


4. If you walk around Old City around 6:30 p.m., you are guaranteed to see at least 10 adorable puppies on a single block.

5. I never outgrew my love for grape juice. Nick has some cran-grape juice in his fridge and I literally chug it, it's so good. And while I'm ruining my teeth and health with all the sugar that's in it, at least it's not high fructose corn syrup!

6. I love Old City. It's always been my favorite part of Philadelphia, and likely always will be. I always think I want to move there, but I don't want the novelty of it to wear off of the cobblestones and the historical sites. So I think I'll just make a pledge to visit more often this summer.
7. Always take a jacket with you when you leave the house, especially in the spring, because bizarrely enough, sometimes the weather changes from the day before.

8. Make sure you read parking signs properly so you avoid parking in a "free" spot that has a 1-hour tow zone from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Doing such a silly thing will result in your car being towed and cost you a fancy price.
Picking up the car from PPA.
9. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. *See #8 above.

10. Dogs are a lot more work than cats, but they are also much more affectionate and eager to give puppy kisses. Evie does NOT do puppy kisses.




1 comment: