Thursday, February 23, 2012

My new routine

Apparently I decided to take the month of February off from blogging. But honestly, nothing exciting ever happens in February, so you really didn't miss much. Next Wed. is payday the last day of February, meaning my Least Favorite Month of the Year is over and done with. Hurrah!

A few weeks ago, we got to Facetime with two dear friends and their new baby, Ben.  One of them (I think it was Ben) asked me how my new job was going, and I answered immediately "I love it. I absolutely love it."  Rhett replied that this is the happiest he's seen me in a long time.

And you know what?  It's true! I now enjoy talking about my job and about how my day/week went, instead of just sighing and saying "whatever, same old story." I welcome challenging tasks and feel accomplished once I've tackled them.  I have a daily To Do list that's a mile long, and I am genuinely satisfied when I get to cross each item off...or even when I have to move some items to the next day's list.

Rhett and I have established a nice routine during the week.  We wake up at the same time now (well...Rhett wakes up, showers, then attempts to wake me up at least 5 times before I respond.  My morning laziness has not changed that much), drink our coffee and smoothies together, then go off to our respective jobs for 8 hours.  We work out after work, come home, make dinner, watch whatever show we are currently on (just finished "Breaking Bad." When is Season 4 coming out on DVD??), and read and fall asleep by 11:00.  I like this routine. I'm happy with this routine. And I'm happy that I'm happy about having this routine.

Does any of this post making sense? I guess that's what happens when I take a month off from blogging...

No comments:

Post a Comment